St. Ciarán’s is a co-educational community school open to all students of the catchment area irrespective of ability, gender or religious beliefs.
The school opened in September 1988. It originated from the amalgamation of two schools that had existed side by side – the Christian Brothers’ Secondary School (established in 1894) and Kells Vocational School (established in 1932).
St. Ciarán’s, like other Community Schools, is bound by a Deed of Trust issued by the Department of Education and Skills. The trustees are the Christian Brothers, Louth-Meath Education and Training Board (LMETB) and the Roman Catholic Bishop of Meath. The school is managed by a Board of Management. The Board consists of two nominees of the Christian Brothers, three nominees of LMETB, one nominee of the Roman Catholic Bishop of Meath, two parents of students in the school and two serving teachers. The Principal acts as Secretary to the Board. The term of office of the Board is three years.
SEPTEMBER 2017 - AUGUST 2020
|Mr. Christy McCormack||(Christian Brothers)|
|Mr. Ger O’Sullivan||(Christian Brothers)|
|Mr. Sean Wright (Chairperson)||(Bishop of Meath)|
|Mr. Bill Sweeney||(LMETB)|
|Mr. Brian Reilly||(LMETB)|
|Ms. Sarah Reilly||(LMETB)|
|Mr. Martin McGovern||(Teachers)|
|Mr Pat O'Sullivan||(Teachers)|
|Ms Mairead Carpenter||(Parents)|